MyEverettNews.com received the following bulletin from the Snohomish County Wellness Division Thursday afternoon:
Persons WHO ATE Meals FROM THE TACO BELL AT 2727 BROADWAY ON Might 22-23 OR THE TACO BELL AT 303 91ST AVE NE IN LAKE STEVENS ON Might 23 Must Speak to THEIR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER OR PUBLIC Wellness
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. – The Snohomish County Wellness Division has identified a case of hepatitis A that occurred in a meals worker who worked at two Taco Bell places: 2727 Broadway in Everett and 303 91st Ave NE in Lake Stevens
Everyone who ate meals from the Everett place on Might 22 or 23 or from the Lake Stevens place on Might 23 really should take the following actions:
- Verify if they are vaccinated against or immune to hepatitis A. Persons who are vaccinated or immune do not require to take any additional action as they would be regarded protected against this exposure. Persons can verify their vaccination records by contacting their healthcare provider, applying the Washington Immunization Info Method at https://wa.myir.net or, if obtainable, referring to their copy of their immunization record. Persons who have previously been infected with hepatitis A also may possibly be immune. If they are not positive, they really should verify with their healthcare provider.
- People who are not vaccinated, immune, or are unsure of their status really should:
- Speak to their healthcare provider or make contact with the Snohomish County Wellness Division at 425-339-3503 (then press 1) for guidance and prospective post-exposure prophylaxis to avoid illness. Post-exposure prophylaxis entails getting the hep A vaccine or immune globulin (IG), which can supply instant and lasting protection when given within two weeks of exposure to the hepatitis A virus. Hepatitis A vaccine is obtainable from many healthcare providers or pharmacies in the county. Everyone who was exposed and is possessing difficulty locating a vaccine provider, or who is uninsured or underinsured, really should make contact with the Wellness Division.
- Monitor for any symptoms of illness. Remain house and do not prepare or serve meals for other individuals if you have symptoms. It requires involving 15 and 50 days to turn out to be symptomatic soon after getting exposed. Early indicators of hepatitis A involve:
- loss of appetite
- dark urine and jaundice (yellowing of eyes or skin)
- If you create any of these symptoms, be in particular thorough in handwashing soon after applying the restroom and just before preparing or handling meals to steer clear of potentially spreading the illness additional. Wash hands with soap and operating water. Be positive to lather and scrub all surfaces which includes backs of the hands, wrists, involving fingers, and below fingernails.
The confirmed case seems to have been infected for the duration of international travel. The Snohomish County Wellness Division is functioning with the organization to determine other workers who have been potentially exposed and connect them with prevention info as effectively as sources for vaccination and post-exposure prophylaxis, as required.
ABOUT HEPATITIS A
The hepatitis A virus lives in the poop or blood of a person who is infected and usually spreads via fecal contamination. The virus may possibly be spread from individual to individual via close make contact with or via meals handling. Constant, thorough handwashing is critical to avoid spread via meals handling.
The illness varies in severity, with mild circumstances lasting two weeks or much less. Much more extreme circumstances can final six weeks or longer. Some men and women, in particular young children, may possibly not create jaundice and may possibly have an illness so mild that it can go unnoticed. Even so, even mildly ill persons can nevertheless be extremely infectious. Everyone with symptoms of hepatitis A and prospective exposure who is not vaccinated or immune really should seek advice from a healthcare provider correct away even if symptoms are mild.
For additional info, visit www.snohd.org/hepatitis.
Hepatitis A, Taco Bell
My Everett News is a hyperlocal news web site featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett info and things of interest to these who reside and operate in Everett. It really is written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County primarily based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.
View all posts by myeverettnews →