Southwest Fla. – The Florida Division of Well being in Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hendry, Lee, Monroe, and Okeechobee Counties encourage residents and guests to get pleasure from a protected and healthful Memorial Day weekend.
Stick to these strategies for a healthful vacation weekend.
Water Security: Every year, numerous youngsters drown in the course of summer time vacation weekends. Awareness of the fundamental principles of water security, combined with know-how and understanding of water hazards, can enhance enjoyment and considerably lower drowning deaths each and every year.
• Often maintain your eyes on youngsters in and about water, like pools and open bodies of water. Actively supervising and providing youngsters your undivided focus when they are in or about water can support avoid drownings.
• Under no circumstances leave a kid alone about water.
• If your kid is missing, verify other pools or surrounding bodies of water.
• Use barriers about water, like fences, self-closing/self-latching gates, and safe doors with alarms. Barriers support avoid young youngsters from wandering into bodies of water, like lakes, pools, ponds, and a lot more.
• Seek shade when the sun is strongest, which is normally involving the hours of ten am and four pm.
• Put on broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 15 on all components of exposed skin just before you go outdoors. Try to remember to reapply each and every two hours following swimming or sweating.
• Put on a wide-brimmed hat that shades your face, ears, and back of your neck. Put on sunglasses to defend your eyes and the delicate skin about your eyes from sun exposure.
• For extra protection, you can put on light, lengthy-sleeved shirts.
• Just before and following handling raw meat, poultry, eggs, and seafood, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Separate raw meals to avoid cross contamination. Use 1 cutting board for raw meat, poultry, and seafood and a further for vegetables and fruits.
• Cook all foods to the right temperature by making use of a meals thermometer.
• Baking sweets may come with the temptation of consuming dough or batter, but that is not protected.
• Make certain to refrigerate perishable meals inside two hours. If the temperature is above 90 degrees Fahrenheit, chill meals inside 1 hour.
About the Florida Division of Well being in Collier County
The Florida Division of Well being in Collier County, nationally accredited as component of an Integrated Nearby Public Well being Division Technique by the Public Well being Accreditation Board, performs to defend, market and enhance the overall health of all persons in Florida via integrated state, county and neighborhood efforts.
Stick to us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @HealthyCollier . For a lot more information and facts, please pay a visit to collier.floridahealth.gov/.